A typical Monday for Amelie, Teddy and I usually involves an early "music class" (a bunch of toddlers having fun singing, dancing and "playing" instruments) which ends with what I think may be the highlight of the class for Amelie - a stamp (one on each hand and one on the tummy if you don't mind) followed by a short stroll to the park next door for some extreme playing - see picture below.
As you can see from the photo above, Amelie is a champion beequestrian and is also known as a bit of a bee whisperer by the local park kids.
After her rounds of classical dressage on her favourite bee, we usually head around the park grounds to let Teddy have a play.
Amelie is kind enough to take Teddy on the slide and swing because she knows he gets a little nervous (being so small and all) and usually needs a good dirt coffee to calm his nerves afterwards.
After a midday nap (it's very tiring being the primary carer and playmate for Teddy you know) we head out for an afternoon stroll to collect treasures for Teddy's dinner.
We're quite pleased with the collection which makes for a beautiful stew and pebble and money dessert.
Amelie found the little blue ear plug at home of course when I swapped the 1L liquid soap wash she had commandeered from the bathroom for the 20mL variety from my travel bag. Amelie agreed that perhaps 1L of liquid soap wash may have given poor little Teddy a tummy ache so perhaps 20mL or so to start with would be much safer.
After dinner and dessert, we tucked Teddy in bed and Amelie set to work helping my Vintage Strawberry Shortcake figurine find her way home (she is getting quite old you know) to her little Strawberry Shortcake house.
Teddy loves Mondays...and so do we.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













That brings back such happy memories of music lessons with my kids. We would go to Kindermusic classes every week and then have morning tea at the park down the road.
ReplyDeleteI think music is so important for kids (I just posted about this yesterday!) and my kids both still learn an instrument and sing in their school's choirs. It is so beneficial to them in so many ways!
Hope you have a lovely week.
Best wishes,
Natasha
I agree Natasha! Unfortunately I don't seem to have a musical bone in my body (although I have become very good at singing nursery rhymes) and never learned a musical instrument. I want Amelie to have more music in her life.
ReplyDelete