You might remember this lovely little Babushka girl which I made as a memento of Amelie's second birthday?
Well I loved her so much I decided I would make another one for one of my favourite soon to be 8 year old little girls, Tara.
Tara was lucky enough to have received an American Girl Doll from Santa last Christmas which looks just like her and so is suitably also named (little) Tara. I couldn't leave Little Tara out and will be making a miniature Babushka doll just for her too.
The Ooshka Babushka doll pattern by The Red Thread comes with a lovely little doll face which you can also by separately from The Red Thread online store.
I reduced the pattern by 50% to make the Mini Tara doll and will be using The Red Thread's Sweetie Petites Molly Softie face for this Babushka. You could also use The Red Thread's Sweetie Beans Pillow faces for a slightly larger Babushka.
I have also offered to help Tara's Mummy (one of my best friends) organise Tara's purple themed birthday party in a few weeks so will have quite a few fun and pretty purple projects (as well as the finished Taras) on the go to show you in next week's Our Creative Space link up.
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








How gorgeous! I have this pattern and three little faces to make up, but they're still sitting on my shelf... yet another UFO! You've done a wonderful job and I live the use of braid and yo-yos.
ReplyDeleteThese are lovely. I love Babushkas, something I've been wanting to make for ages :-)Sam
ReplyDeleteLove your fabrics, very very pretty! I am sure she'll love it!
ReplyDeletelove the idea of being able to buy a babushka face- I tried stitching one once and lets just say I could have done a lot better!
ReplyDelete