Thursday, August 11, 2011

Teddy's Bed Sheet

I had planned to give an update on the Big Tara Little Tara project and Tara's purple party planning but I got a little distracted.

I've been inspired this week by some super clever and creative blogger Mum's who have put such love and detail into some beautiful projects for their little ones.

Firstly, if you want a real treat (and prepare to be totally blown away) head over to Mousehouse to see an amazing dollhouse lovingly 'renovated' and decorated to match the family home - the attention to detail is truly spectacular!

Secondly, whilst browsing one of my favourite blogs, Little Pumpkin Grace, I suddenly got an attack of the guilts when I came across the beautiful nap mat (bed sheet for Kindy) that had been lovingly made by Little Pumpkin Graces' grandmother. I had been planning on replacing Amelie's heavier flannel Kindy bed sheet with a new lighter one for Spring and Summer but after seeing what Jessica and her mother came up with I instantly decided I really had to lift my game....

I decided a hand made nap mat might look nice in a similar colour scheme to the cushion I made Amelie for her first birthday - pastel pink polka dots and coordinating pink strawberries.

I am by no means a quilter (so don't look too closely). I plan on taking some lessons some time soon so I can make Amelie a quilt for her first big bed (that Santa is bringing for Christmas) but in the mean time I managed to make things up as I went along having a practice run with a smaller version for Teddy. The miniature bed sheet/quilt looks sweet on Amelie's doll's bed (it will look better when I paint the bed white) and will look lovely in her cubby house.
Teddy seemed pretty happy with his new quilt and said he had a much better night's sleep.
So that just leaves me to finish the big one for Amelie - wish me luck!
Linking up again with Our Creative Spaces.

4 comments:

  1. It's so pretty, I love the colours and fabrics you've used. I'm in the middle of making my first quilt too for Grace's 'big girl's bed' - I'm getting there slowly, with a lot of unpicking and re-stitching :) That dollhouse on Mousehouse is amazing!!! Enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello just discovered your blog in blogland!

    Love your pretty cushion and blanket - they look very professional.

    Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous 'nap mat'! I've never seen anything like it before - I think Amelie is going to be the envy of everyone else at Kindy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE strawberries for little girls!

    I'm one of those people who has all these creative ideas, but no actual skill to bring them to life. So instead, I enjoy watching others create :)

    Absolutely beautiful creations :)

    ReplyDelete

So sweet of you to leave a comment. Thank you xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...