On a recent trip to Spotlight, I picked up this large PEVA/PVC flannel back tablecloth for only $6! I was instantly attracted to the shabby chic rose pattern and colours and saw great potential.
The tablecloth is massive - shown here only folded out a quarter. So much fabric to work with - enough for quite a few projects I think.
...there was enough to cut out a portion to use as a new tablecloth for Amelie's little table. The PEVA/PVC fabric is waterproof so food/paint/just about anything can be wiped off easily - perfect for a child's meal or craft table and a cheaper alternative to oil cloth.
..and enough to make a cushion...I'll use this cushion for Amelie's little sofa in her cubby house - the waterproof fabric will be perfect for use outdoors.
I thought the pom pom trim looked so great, I decided to also use it for Amelie's little tablecloth too.
I just love the pattern of this fabric. Seeing it on Amelie's little table makes me think of a gypsy lunch set up on park bench where you might find a little red caravan with wood shutters parked right next door.
I still have so much fabric left and have a few other project ideas in mind which I'll post once I get to them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








What a bargain and so cute - I love the pompoms you added!
ReplyDeleteThanks for you kind comments at my place, x
What pretty fabric!! Your cushion is adorable with that cute trim x
ReplyDeleteHow clever! The pom poms around the edge just make the cushion and little tablecloth perfect.
ReplyDelete