Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Looking Forward to Summer

These photos are from our holiday to Cairns in May earlier this year.

How great it is to live in a country where there are places so hot that it's best to visit them in the middle of Autumn and Winter.

For the record, Amelie is smothered in 30+ sunscreen and the only reason she is not wearing a hat in all the photos is because it was so windy, it kept flying off. I took these photos whilst chasing after her with said hat.

Joining in with Wordless Wednesday here and here.

13 comments:

  1. Hehe!! Oh, don't get me started on the hat thing! Sometimes Ella wants to wear a hat everywhere and then other times she won't have a bar of it! Gorgeous photos. Am thinking about sun and surf as the rain pelts down here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo's of what looks like it must have been a wonderful holiday. I wish I was there right now! It is pretty miserable weather today :(
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics, looks like a wonderful holiday. Yes indeed, we are very lucky to live in such a fantastic place where we can enjoy a 'summer' holiday in winter ; ) Happy WW and thanks so much for stopping by with a lovely comment. Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure joy! Nothing beats imaginative play. Children live such good lives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like it was a wonderful day. I love our Queensland weather in winter!

    Happy Wordless Wednesday.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    PS I'm hosting a Design give away! I hope you'll come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it looks devine! Im so over this cold. I need some warm sunny days :) Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  7. A spectacular location , can't wait to get to the beach again ...except for my white legs.
    happy ww , thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wish i were there! i'm sick of the cold and rain too (particularly bad this year), can't wait to be summer and spend time on the beach. lovely photos and scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous of that beach! She looks like she had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks like she really loved exploring. I must admit I'm not a beach person but I really should let my girls enjoy the outdoors more often. I do remember enjoying beach walks and collecting shells and polished glass as a kid. I'd like mine to experience that too. (via WW)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks magical!

    And you're right ... we absolutely do live in a lucky country!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We stayed in Palm Cove - it was fantastic - lots of coffee shops, things to do near by - the resort had 3 pools - including a pint sized one perfect for toddlers and for parents to lounge around. Would highly recommend it as a holiday destination...sigh! Wish I were there again too!

    Thanks for all your lovely comments ladies.

    ReplyDelete

So sweet of you to leave a comment. Thank you xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...