Thanks to Masterchef, this is what I now refer to as meson plus** (aka "prep").
It was far too messy to take photos during the more sticky, chocolate
I'm no Bakerella, but I think this little Rudolph is cute, no?...My husband thinks he may be a distant cousin to Elmo...hmmm.
Rudolph seen here with the rest of his posse...yeah, you thought there was only one Rudolph didn't you?!
Making Rudolph was relatively simple, messy but simple and heaps of fun - I followed this basic cake pop recipe, used pretzels for the antlers, red smarties for the nose, googly eyes (not for eating!) and red and white stripe paper straws instead of pop sticks.
If you have access to those edible pens, you could draw on a smile too - which I would recommend, because Rudolph looks rather worried in all of these photos don't you think?...particularly this one, which looks more like a mug shot than something that could ever make the pages of a stylised cookbook.
...I suppose I would look pretty worried if I was about to be eaten...
...off to make gingerbread men now...this has been my creative space day
*So I know it's now August...and we're already experiencing sunny 25 degree days here but it does get a bit cold at night so we'll just pretend that we have a winter..ok?
**Theover use of the term "meson plus" in episode 76 of Masterchef caused quite a stir on the online forums. I personally love it and throw it round as often as I can. "Do you want me to meson plus the kebabs for the BBQ, Honey?" "I'm just going to meson plus Amelie's kindy bag for tomorrow!" It makes me laugh.
**The








Love your Rudolfs!!! Can't wait to see more photos of your party...
ReplyDeleteI, too, love your rudophs!!!!! More photos of the party please...
ReplyDeleteTeresa, these are FANTASTIC!
ReplyDeleteI hope your Christmas in July (ok, august) was a hit :)
I think I'm going to steal this recipe for December :)
They're gorgeous!
I just noticed this yesterday and came back to bookmark the post. I will be making these for Christmas this year for the kids-they will love them!
ReplyDeleteWe normally have a Christmas in July party every year too but life got in the way this year and we missed it. Glad yours was fun.
Best wishes,
Natasha.