Thursday, March 24, 2011

Clippie Holder

So my favourite shabby roses nightie lives another day but now in the form of a clippie holder for Amelie. I couldn't bring myself to throw her away. I love the fabric pattern way too much and new it could be used for something for Amelie. Amelie's room is a little bit shabby chic..more chic than shabby so this little piece makes a lovely addition. The lovely little cat next to the clippie holder was a flea market find that my sister gave me. Amelie has named her 'Meow Meow'. One of my favourite bloggers, the always inspiring Jessica from Little Pumpkin Grace has instructions on how to make these lovely clippie holders on her blog. I used a bit of wadding behind the fabric to fluff it up a bit like a shabby chic cushion. The frame was a cheap and cheerful purchase from Big W for $9 and the lace is some vintage lace my Mum found at a flea market years ago (you could use a selection of ribbon). As Amelie's clippie collection expands, I'll just add some extra ribbon for the clippies to attach to. I've got tons of left over wallpaper from Amelie's room so thought I would make another clippie holder for a friend's little girl but using the wallpaper as background instead of fabric. I'll post a picture of the finished product if I ever get around to it. For other ideas, search for 'clippie holder' or 'hair clip holder' on the Etsy or Made It websites.

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo super sweet, Teresa!!! Love how dainty and girlie it looks! And the strawberry clippie is so cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this frame looked familiar! Yet again we have the same taste I bought two from Big W as well! I used one for Little Miss A's Birthday Party! Love your creative flair!!!

    ReplyDelete

So sweet of you to leave a comment. Thank you xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...