Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Vintage rose love



I have a thing for vintage rose print.

I've previously spoken about my love for Cath Kidston's vintage look rose print clothing and while she is indulging in some bolder prints for the UK winter, fortunately Pumpkin Patch have released a range of beautiful pastel blue and pink rose print clothing for the Australian summer.

I don't buy a lot of Pumpkin Patch clothing and generally prefer to make Amelie's clothes or buy handmade clothes from Made It or Etsy but I adore this print and so went a bit crazy and almost bought the entire range. Below are some of my favourites - some of which are still available online - and some are even on Sale!



I bought this dress for Amelie and for my friend's little girl for Christmas. Classic and very girly.

I had to get the little skirt as well. I have some similar fabric in my collection of odds and ends so appliqued some rose print on a t-shirt to go with the skirt - a favourite outfit for birthday parties and other events worth dressing up for.


I bought this trench coat in a size 3 and so hopefully it will fit Amelie just right for our Winter in July...bearing in mind that it may not actually get cool enough to warrant wearing a coat.

I didn't pick up this little cardi but was tempted.

I thought this hoodie was a refreshing change to the standard 'Bonds' hoodies that all the kids tend to be seen in over Winter at Kindy.

I am kicking myself I didn't buy these little flip flops. They are no longer available and Amelie now seems to have flip flop envy - she has been known to collect other children's flip flops when it is time to go home...only to be marched back to the 'shoe box' to collect her own sandals.

Fortunately I picked up these sweet little shoes. They are a real hit when worn with the matching skirt or dress. I alternate pastel pink or green ribbon as shoe laces.

I have a hat very similar to this one already but couldn't leave it out to complete the summer collection.

And of course the rain coat which I hesitantly bought thinking it may only be worn on a few occasions....alas the trusty rain coat has become a wardrobe essential in most households in Queensland this summer - if only Pumpkin Patch released matching galoshes/wellingtons/gum boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So sweet of you to leave a comment. Thank you xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...