Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Ballerina is Born!

Photograph by www.4pawsphotography.com.au ©

I can hardly contain my excitement! Amelie and I have finally got our place (we have been on the wait list since Amelie was like two weeks old!) in our local Mummy and Me Kinder-Ballet class! Even though I am sure I will feel like a hippopotamus in a tutu (not that I will be wearing a tutu to class.... or.... ever for that matter... that of course is the visual I get when I imagine myself thundering across the dance floor) I am prepared to endure this embarrassment for the joy of joining in the fun of ballet class with my little budding ballerina.

Amelie already does a lovely little dance class (
Kindadance) at her Kindy but this is different - it's actual ballet class! Well in reality it's probably very similar to what she does already but I am excited that I get to join in and besides it has the word ballet in the title so it makes this Mummy who can admit to having what could be described as 'stage mum' tendencies very excited indeed!

I can't believe Amelie is only 2 and I already get the chance to see my little angel in ballet slippers! News Flash - have discovered that
Bloch release pint sized ballet slippers...OMG!!!!....breath....ok, so of course we are off there tomorrow to purchase a pair...and of course some pink ribbon to be sewn to the slippers is a must and hair nets and pink tights and ballet leotards and ballet skirts...and leg warmers...do they make leg warmers anymore?!!!....breath....sorry I am hyperventilating at the thought of the 'gorgeous-ness' of all of this! Of course I won't actually be buying any of that...unless of course another mother does for her daughter, in which case....

2 comments:

  1. He, he, he...I can totally relate to the excitement of seeing your little girl in full ballet gear...SWOON! There's nothing sweeter!

    I've already ordered the recital costume for Grace's May performance - oh, my - it's sooooooooooooo sweet!

    Can't wait to see Amelie's ballet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have just blogged about the gorgeousness of those Bloch ballet shoes!!! I get goosebumps just thinking about the day I can take Little Miss A to ballet, only 1 year to go!!!

    ReplyDelete

So sweet of you to leave a comment. Thank you xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...