Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Fairy to the Rescue

Do you have a fairy?

Ok, before you think I have gone completely mad, let me explain…

Sometimes or perhaps on a regular basis if you are particularly lucky we get a visit from a particular type of luck fairy that delivers to us, as if by magic, just what we want just as we need it most. For instance, I have a friend who has a “Parking Fairy”. This friend can go to the busiest shopping centre at the busiest times like school holidays or Christmas and can find a parking spot right next to the shop entrance. She is very handy to car pool with on trips to the city for a lunch date when all car parks are usually full but, thanks to her Parking Fairy friend, we usually find a street car park right outside our designated lunch location – I’m serious – its spooky!

Well, yesterday I had a visit from the Shabby Chic Fairy – just in the nick of time!

You may recall that I wrote about my love of shabby chic vintage rose fabric and got very excited when Pumpkin Patch did a range of summer clothing in that theme. Unfortunately, because I am not two years old like Amelie nor ninety-two years old, I cannot really get away with dressing in vintage roses except, that is,…at night when no one has to see.

Does anyone remember that episode of Seinfield where at the beginning of the show Jerry tells Elaine about his beloved yellow t-shirt that is old and worn and is hanging on by its last thread and yet he is finding it very hard to throw it out? He refers to the t-shirt as “Golden Boy". At the end of the episode when Elaine asks Jerry what happened to "Golden Boy", he tells her it did in fact "die", but it's now been replaced by a new contender, "Baby Blue."

Well, meet my “Golden …er…Girl”. A pair of
Peter Alexander boxers that are almost 10 years old and as you can see are very faded, stretched and worn and barely holding on by a few threads*. I love these boxers because they are shabby and chic and so darn girly.



So you can imagine my excitement when I found these (let’s call them “Baby Blue Boxers”) in Peter Alexander on a rare and indulgent shopping trip in the city.



But the magic doesn't end there!... Shortly after I acquired the Golden Girl boxers all those years ago, I bought myself a lovely little Peter Alexander nightie because it had the same shabby rose fabric pattern. However, because they were the last pair and I couldn’t live without them, I was forced to buy a size too big which meant they never really fit well and by now are also on their last legs*….


...cue…Golden Girl and Baby Blue’s more sexy cousin…er….”Boudoir Baby Blue”.



So thank you Shabby Chic Fairy for saving the day…or night…and please stop by again soon!

What sort of luck fairy do you have?



*Please don’t be saddened that the original Golden Girl and her more sexy first cousin have passed, they are going to live on …but in a different form…to be continued….







2 comments:

  1. This is great Teresa, Love Mum xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute aunty t! love the pattern xxx

    ReplyDelete

So sweet of you to leave a comment. Thank you xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...