Pop quiz...
What does a driven professional do during the most demanding and challenging times of her working year?
a) take a day of leave to attend a Dora concert
b) take a week of leave to sew 15 Dora Backpacks and plan a Dora 3rd Birthday Fiesta Extravaganza
c) buy an annual pass to Sea world and drive an hour down the Coast on multiple occasions to attend further Dora concerts
d) all of the above
It seems that not only does Dora have the ability to mildly irritate me, hypnotise and delight my 3 year old on a daily basis but now I also wonder if those repetitive little ditties of hers are sending me subliminal messages with the intention of sabotaging my career...or at least forcing me to take on challenges that make me feel like:
a) a complete failure; or
b) superwoman
...depending on how those challenges fair.
My husband, the household CFO, did point out to me (thankfully post production of said 15 handmade Dora Backpacks) that I could have bought hundreds of the highest quality most expensive Dora Backpacks on the market with what it cost me to take a week of annual leave. He is such an accountant.
And I am such a.... Mum.
Friday, March 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















that is too funny and he is so right about buying the bagpacks instead. I do that stuff all the time though. It is rewarding in the end after it is over.
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteHusband may be such an accountant,
& you may be such a Mum,
But she is ... SO HAPPY :)
& that's beautiful :)
D-d-d-d-d-DORA! ;)
Oh my, that must have been quite a mission. We have just finished one Dora stint but feel like we are about to start the next one....Dor Dor mummy?;)x
ReplyDeleteI'm Dora ignorant - but definitely guilty of going to 'Mummy lengths' too.
ReplyDeleteI think you may be taking it to a new level with those backpacks though!!
Amelie's a lucky little lady.
:-) xxx
Oh Bless you Teresa, I'll say it again, you ARE a beautiful Mama. This post made me chuckle, it is SO like me. I love making things and putting things together, so find that every Easter/birthday party/ Christmas, I spend more time and money doing up goodie bags etc... than it would have taken just to buy pre-made ones. Oh well, we do what we do as Mama's... whatever makes you feel good I say. Gorgeous photos, Amelie is such a beauty xo
ReplyDeleteDora send event the most sensible mothers crazy....subliminal messages ARE all the way through Dora, they have to be...I bought Dora cupcakes at the supermarket, just because I though Clover, Mya, Layla and Willow would love to eat something with Dora's on it...when I got home, I looked at the cupcakes and thought "what the hell did I just buy, I cant feed the children these?"... Dora made me do that....she cheeky like that!
ReplyDeletep.s love the backpacks...very inventive :-)