Monday, December 12, 2011

{Amelie's Cubby House} Part 5 - Cubby Warming

After establishing the fairy garden we decided to host a cubby warming party. But first, we needed to give this little cottage a name.

My clever (and handsome) but unimaginative accountant husband came up with the idea of [insert house number here] A - as in our house is [insert house number] and so therefore it makes sense to name the cubby [house number] A.

After I finished snoring, I explained to him that the cubby was not to be confused for a duplex or a downstairs grannyflat that we were trying to rent out - after all, it was mail from the fairies that we were trying to attract, not the taxation department or census surveyors.  

Later that afternoon, I had a call from a friend and we had a laugh about Justin's imaginative prowess. Her husband is also an accountant and so she shares my pain...which is why she may have come up with this lovely and thoughtful idea as a cubby warming gift for Amelie.

...a pint sized door mat and swinging name sign...


And so Amelie welcomed her friends to The Enchanted Cottage.

 
True to form, the overachieving handy-man husband made up for himself by giving the door another coat of paint and installing the cubby name the very next day.


While the creative brain trust of the household put flowers (the variety that blooms all year round - wink) in the planter boxes and hung some curtains.


Welcome to the Enchanted Cottage


Fairies welcome!...taxation department, not so much.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Teresa! I LOVE it! Can I pop on over for a play?? ;o)
    The sign and welcome mat are simply gorgeous and how cute that Amelie got to have a real cubby warming party, sensational!
    I think I need to get some of those blooms that flower all year long... they look hardy enough for me not to kill them either ;o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! It's just all to die for.

    And I really did giggle at the unimaginative hubby. I have the same issues here with Mr. insurance broker who punches numbers all day long :)

    That little welcome mat & sign are just adorable. Dreams are being made, & memories being created for darling little Amelie, & there's nothing sweeter than that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that just the best cubby ever!! We have a little cubby also with flower pots but the christmas tree thief likes to eye off them as well so they dont stay in their intented position for very long.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so adorable. my little girl would be squealing with excitement. what a beautiful job you have all done. i bet amelie loves it so much...and the flowers are perfect. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cottage for Amelie. She will have hours of enjoyment there for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone - I haven't got to the interior yet.

    Husband has vetoed the idea of using wallpaper and hanging a chandelier. Humpf! But have in mind some cute little cottage touches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhh this looks like every little girls fantasy. what a gorgeous place for her to hang out. i bet she is going to have so much fun fairy spotting in there.
    You guys did such a wonderful job xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful my girls would love this.I adore the name, a little princess dream come true. You will both make so many special memories in there my friend. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the cubby name and what a cute sign! Amelie's new little house is adorable, she is going to have endless hours of fun playing there x

    ReplyDelete

So sweet of you to leave a comment. Thank you xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...