Friday, June 10, 2011

Is There Mushroom in Your Garden?

We built Amelie a cubby house at the bottom of the garden over the Easter holidays. When I say "we" I actually mean my husband and his best friend. My contribution was to lay "floorboard look" lino and make curtains. When I say "make", I mean "will make some time in the future".

The cubby comes complete with little flower pot planter boxes for the windows, veranda and letter box. When I saw the letter box, I instantly had ideas of posting Amelie letters from the fairies and elves that live in our garden which led me to think of trying to create a bit of an enchanted forest feel around the house.

I had grand plans of painting an old round terracotta pot red with white spots to create a toadstool table but while visiting our local nursery and just as Amelie tinkled with the wind chimes ...its as if we had just received a visit from a fairy....the Shabby Chic Fairy perhaps?

.... As Amelie would say "Lalaaa!"..... Enter toadstool table and matching chairs!




I'm not sure who loved them more, Daddy and I or Amelie.





She certainly loved pushing the cart to the car.





And taking a ride through the nursery car park.







But I think the excitement truly set in when we set the table and chairs up in our front courtyard (temporary home until we officially 'plant' them in the garden on the weekend).





I mentioned to Amelie that she could have tea parties with her friend Majella at the table...which of course she interpreted...with wide eyes...as "Majella is coming for a tea party?!" She then started to set Majella a place at the table.






Fortunately, Majella's Mummy just happened to ring after Amelie woke up from her midday nap to say they were on their way home from the Coast and could they drop in on the way home for a quick visit.






When I got off the phone, I told Amelie that if she put her magic fairy wings on and said a special wish to the fairies they may grant her wish to have Majella come to visit.




And because Mummies are experts in the wish granting department... like magic...Majella arrived.

And they happily chatted and laughed, drank "tea" and led each other down the garden path.... to the bottom of the garden...where the fairies live...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So sweet of you to leave a comment. Thank you xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...