Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Somebunny Heart Bloomers - Easter Project # 1
My beautiful little baby is just about toilet trained and it makes me a little sad. Does this mean the end of beautiful bloomers? Probably. But I couldn't resist making these cute little Easter Bloomers for my beautiful little bunny. The idea for this little outfit actually started with the 'cotton tail'. I made a wool pom pom over the weekend and told Amelie it was the Easter Bunny's cotton tail. She placed it on her bottom and hopped around the house [insert big sigh here] bless. I've now attached the "cotton-tail" to her bloomers and made a simple applique t-shirt to match. I'm hoping Amelie will wear this little outfit at my work Easter morning tea, her Kindy Easter celebrations and on Easter Sunday. So that means I have 3 more baby bloomer days to enjoy before my little one starts to look more like a little girl than a baby [insert really big sigh here]. I used the bloomer pattern that came with the Kwik Sew dress pattern I used to make Amelie's 2nd birthday party dress. The pattern also includes instructions for a hat - I wonder if I should make Amelie a Easter bonnet? My step by step photos of the outfit follow.
I always transfer my patterns onto non-fusible interfacing so that they can be easily folded away with no risk of tearing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Love it! What a gorgeous end result and wonderful easter project!!! Soo clever!
ReplyDelete