One of my favourite lyrics - I think it sums it all up really....in case you were wondering it's the last line to the Cat Steven's song The Boy with a Moon and a Star on his head.
There has been a long blog hiatus from me mainly because of:-
a) usual busy challenge of work/life balance
b) silly season festivities
c) ongoing renovations
d) selling house
e) moving house
f) preparing for Christmas
g) all of the above
So now the house is sold, the renovations are 90% finished, we have moved house and I have my Internet connection back on.... I have a lot of catching up to do.
...but first, the most important and best news of all...the early arrival (due Christmas day) of my first nephew (I have 6 beautiful nieces...and Amelie makes 7 gorgeous grand daughters for my parents). We have been waiting a long time for this little man...and now he has arrived...just in time for Christmas - the best type of gift of all.
I remember my sister in law asking me what life is like with a baby (you know how you get all curious and philosophical when you're pregnant - the very thought of something so precious growing inside you is mind boggling) and so recalling all the war stories of sleepless nights, sickness, teething and tantrums that were told to me while I was pregnant, I made a special point of emphasising the only comment made to me worth remembering which was that once you become a parent you experience the greatest feeling of love you will ever know, so wonderful and almost incomprehensible.
When a new baby comes along, it reminds us that love really is the most important thing.
b) silly season festivities
c) ongoing renovations
d) selling house
e) moving house
f) preparing for Christmas
g) all of the above
So now the house is sold, the renovations are 90% finished, we have moved house and I have my Internet connection back on.... I have a lot of catching up to do.
...but first, the most important and best news of all...the early arrival (due Christmas day) of my first nephew (I have 6 beautiful nieces...and Amelie makes 7 gorgeous grand daughters for my parents). We have been waiting a long time for this little man...and now he has arrived...just in time for Christmas - the best type of gift of all.
I remember my sister in law asking me what life is like with a baby (you know how you get all curious and philosophical when you're pregnant - the very thought of something so precious growing inside you is mind boggling) and so recalling all the war stories of sleepless nights, sickness, teething and tantrums that were told to me while I was pregnant, I made a special point of emphasising the only comment made to me worth remembering which was that once you become a parent you experience the greatest feeling of love you will ever know, so wonderful and almost incomprehensible.
When a new baby comes along, it reminds us that love really is the most important thing.








Hi Teresa, I have been waiting for this blog to come up again (under you might also like) so that I could comment. It is truly so. Love is all there is. My love to you Mum xxoo
ReplyDelete